D.W. Hawkins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Characters

Go down

Characters Empty Characters

Post  jpeek Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Which character was the most fun to write? Which one was the hardest?

jpeek

Back to top Go down

Characters Empty characters

Post  DWHawkin Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:43 pm

The most fun was definitely Maarkov. I loved writing his scenes, and the dynamic between him and his brother. His conflicted nature, and the dark things he sees everyday. I channeled a lot of frustration into him, and he's going to be showing up a lot in the story. He was the most fun.

The most difficult was probably Bethany. It's hard to put myself in the head of a ten year old girl. Not to mention the issues she has. I wanted her to come off as realistic as possible, and there were a few times with her that I trashed entire scenes and started over.

D'Jenn was another difficult one. He's so different than Dormael, who's POV I write from the most, and keeping the distance between him and his cousin is the most difficult part about writing him. They're both wizards, and they're both smartasses, but I didn't want D'Jenn's inner voice and POV to come off as just another Dormael. Keeping him separate was pretty difficult, to be honest.

DWHawkin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum